(Bug found) When does a faction war end ?

Kamo

My best customer-faction is being attacked by another faction and I've being helping them since a whole lot of time ::)...

• I've destroyed all stations in more than half their sectors
  • I've destroyed all their Shipyards, Repair Docks and now Resource Depots
  • I've also destroyed their Headquarters and all stations in their home sector

...and they're still at war, sending headhunters after me and warfleets to the territory two of my stations are. They only have ~5 sectors and ~20 stations, most of them mines :(.

The worse is, on the previous iteration of that galaxy (I resetted it after 0.17.3), those two factions were the best of allies. They were happily together (and at a 20-sector distance) then the jerkiest of them's gone "There's nothing happening, THIS MEANS WAR !", and doesn't seem to stop...  :'(

When does faction wars end ? Will they still stay at war to the last station ? And will the war even end with the utter extermination of their faction ? I may soon (maybe in a week or so) post to give you the results :-\.

After hours and hours of left mouse button pressing...

8DD47C11BA3A63C9AC3EA7E29E6E8BEAFAC10A77

Results of extermination to the last station :-[...

(I got up to hunting Trading Stations in nearby systems.)

The war continues. That's a bug >:( !

1505D28F5601AFAC08B4114F1B58BA99DC550FC3

In the grim dark future of the whatever millenium, there is only war.

(If the worse things of war were annoying ambient fighter infestations, nibbling on whatever defenseless ships/stations they could find :-\.)