Somewhere safe to build.

mrgrey1

Suggestion

I've been frequently frustrated with building in this game by interruptions from AI. It's infuriating and has put me off attempting to build anything other then the ship I'm flying. It's really limiting my creativity and enjoyment of an otherwise excellent game. In other building games I've played I've been able to have a safe area to build. Somewhere I can leave a bunch of designs where I know they're not going to get damaged or destroyed and where I can work on them in peace.

My suggestion would be to add in a difficulty setting of 'off' so that all AI on the map was disabled. Alternatively a check box beside the creative mode box to turn the AI off. Another approach could be an admin command to make a sector player only or to disable AI spawning in a sector. Without this option I'm reluctant to attempt any serious builds and developing more then one ship at a time is just not going to happen. I'd love to do some serious building in Avorion. This would make that happen.

Cheers.

3 answers to this suggestion

dont worry, AI are weak in this game.

if you want to make a ship design follow this guide :

1. make a new map set very easy no collision damage, and cheat enabled.

2. make a ship. if enemy come, their damage are nil. if enemy come and you got annoyed, safe ship and jump 1 sector away.

3. if enemy spawn in that sector and cant jump. abbandon ship, jump with drone, found ship, applied saved ship into your design.

(design are carry over all game).

also use this script :

/run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua")

will help you add crew and stuff.

You can build ships in creative mode and then use them in survival. Also you can have 1 or more fleet ships with captain and they will automatically kill anything disturbing the peace. Potentially best defenders would be fighter carriers with some custom made strong turrets. They're unkillable and really wreck things.