I kicked myself out of my own ship... ("This craft has no owner")

MWire

A while ago I was tempted to mess around with the alliance system, created an alliance, but after messing around for a while, I found no use for it in singleplayer. At that point I've added some resources, as well as my primary ship.

I click on "Disband Alliance", thinking that it would pop-up a confirmation message and/or warning to what was about to happen. Instead, all the resources in the alliance seem to have disappeared, that's not a big problem, but then I noticed my ship went with it. Out of curiosity, I attempted to exit and then enter it, but all it said was "This craft has no owner". And there I was, stuck outside of my own ship.

At this point I realized that there is no way to do this without some sort of trickery. After prolonged searching, I found out that the game supports scripting, but unfortunately I don't have any experience using lua code. So I'm asking for your help, even if it requires me to edit stuff in my appdata, run a command or lua script - basically anything to get back my precious ship. Thanks in advance!

TLDR; I disbanded a singleplayer alliance with my ship in it, now i'm stuck outside and need help getting it back (with scripts/commands if possible).

Yeah, that's why I'm asking for a way to cheat the system and get my ship back.

At this point I've built another ship that's way better than the previous one, but all my legendary modules are in the old one, so I'm still open for suggestions.

I tried the boarding mod, but it looks like it only works for enemy ships and cargo haulers.

Wow, I thought all devmode did was give access to infinite jumps and other rather non end-user things (it can be enabled in chat with /devmode, seems easier to access that way)... Now I have my ship back, thank you so much for this!

• 4 weeks later...

Open the file server.ini in galaxy and change

DevMode=false

to

DevMode=true

Launch the game and open the interacting menu from the ship you wanna own and open the ~dev menu. In the first tab "Ship commands" click the button own, then you will own this ship.

When i use this, as soon as i go to the dev menu it selects the ship i am in. But you're saying you can claim stations with that? What am i doing wrong then? For me own does nothing but thats because it then has my ship selected wich is already mine.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Open the file server.ini in galaxy and change

DevMode=false

to

DevMode=true

Launch the game and open the interacting menu from the ship you wanna own and open the ~dev menu. In the first tab "Ship commands" click the button own, then you will own this ship.

When i use this, as soon as i go to the dev menu it selects the ship i am in. But you're saying you can claim stations with that? What am i doing wrong then? For me own does nothing but thats because it then has my ship selected which is already mine.

f=interact <-- try facing 45 degrees either left/right. why? if it selects your ship or drone you can hold down shift and select the target ship again.

from my experiments, "own" command has not worked this way if you get to dev menu by holding shift and clicking dev icon in upper right of screen.

interacting with a ship with f (if option available) DOES work to claim the ship. also, if you can see the target you can shift select it to fix the problem of auto-selecting of your own ship... even with dev-menu open. sometimes you can drag menus on-scree out of the way and back to center. i think dev spawn menu can be moved if in the way.

• Thanks 1