[Question] How do I use cargo shuttles for my ship?

Deadonstick

I am currently struggling with figuring out how I can put these cargo shuttles to work. I know you can put them inside of a station and have them automatically (though very slowly) transfer goods to another station but that's not what I want.

My use-case is as follows:

I have a dedicated cargo ship that has to make regular trips to a sector filled with XXL mines of various types. I soon figured out that manually docking to each and every one of these stations and transferring the goods to my ship to then dumb them into a stationary cargo container (which is just a ship without engines because Avorion doesn't have stations that can be used as an all-purpose cargo containers) is supremely tedious. So I purchased some cargo fighters, put them in my hanger and assigned them to squads. I then figured I could remotely transfer goods from a targeted station but I can't seem to figure out how.

So my question is, how do I use my cargo fighters so that I can empty out my stations without having to dock?

...transferring the goods to my ship to then dumb them into a stationary cargo container (which is just a ship without engines because Avorion doesn't have stations that can be used as an all-purpose cargo containers) is supremely tedious.

I know this isn't what you were asking about, but I just wanted to say that I too use "cargo stations".

What I did was found the cheapest factory I could (servo factory), and built it with an insane amount of cargo space. I built the factory in an empty sector, near my main area of operations with lots of wormhole access to the rest of the galaxy.

This works as a "Central Star Bank" for all my goods that I don't want to resell or move around the galaxy with.

Just some food for thought!

Good luck!