Turret Damage

Tzarro

Howdy again,

Got my key a few days ago and sadly haven't had much time to play, but I'm enjoying it when I'm able to!

Waiting on a lot of questions until I get a bit further in the game, but one question I had was regarding the "damage" stat on turrets. Is that supposed to be DPS? Damage per shot? How does this apply to the "shotgun" style turrets that fire multiple rounds at a time?

Also, does the size of the turret have any bearing on it's efficacy? Or is that just for visuals?

Just thought knowing this might make evaluating optimal turrets a bit easier. Thanks in advance!

The damage indicated on the turret is Damage per shot. The dps of the gun is what is measured in Omnicrons (donno if it's well spelled :p).

Two things thought.

one, for projectile weapons, the omnicron is easy to get: take the damage (per shot) and multiply by the fire rate, which is the number of rounds shot per second, and you get your dps/omnicrons for that weapon. For beam weapons, there is no fire rate, and the damage indicated on the turret description si the actual dps. it does that much damage per second on the target.

secondly, some things must be considered to get the real dps of the weapon. First, it is dmg modifiers. Some weapons can damage more shields (plasma guns for example), so their dps is higher against shields. Others do better against hull blocks, and others against rock (mining turrets).  Other thing that will effect overall dps is overheating. Some weapons overheat and may spend some time on the cooling process, which will drastically lower their long term dps.

Size of turrets, for what I have seen, do not affect the effectiveness. Yes, cannon turrets are bigger, but I have some small chain guns that, for various reasons given above, have a equal dps to those canons.