turret and grade vs damage

Burnthalo

I'm curious.. we know that civil turrets wont do as much (any?) damage to higher grade materials.. does the same hold true for weapon turrets? ie- will a iron chaingun do the same damage to xanion hull as it does to iron hull?  Ive tinkered around a bit with it and it does seem to have the same affect but I would like to know for sure. with the amount of stuff I run thru the research station I have lately gotten lazy and am selling every turret trinium and below but feel like I am maybe wasting a lot of high damage turrets this way.

thanks

edit.. reason I bring this up is more along the lines of if it doesn't matter then why force mounting on higher grade materials.. especially as xanion hull is weaker than trinium armor.. it doesn't make sense. the only reason for forcing that is because higher grade turrets would require higher strength mounts to support higher recoil or whatnot.. but if the higher grade is weaker that makes it a redundant idea.. if the damage is the same it would be sensible to use the lower grade weapons to avoid the issue.

Also, higher tier materials will do more damage than the lower tier material turrets. But yes, sometimes there are turrets wich do more damage and yes, use them! To say about the armor and hull blocks, yes, trinium armor is 8 times stronger than trinium hull and xanion hull is 1,5 times stronger than trinium hull (goes the same for every material, if i am correct). But xanion hull is ofcourse lighter than trinium armor. Anyways, because higher tier matierials make stronger blocks etc and higher tier weapons do overall more damage, lower tier weapond should get filtered out. (Btw try to make some weaponry in turret fac, those are prob. Stronger than any of the lower and same tier weaponry as you have)

that's pretty much the conclusion I had come to.  it was nice to see confirmation tho since it free's up a lot of higher damage turrets for use. I did play around with one turret factory in one save. even went so far as to start building the complete production chain for the rail guns. just getting every station/mine needed for the gauss rail put so many entities in the sector it lagged every time the defenses activated to kill incoming enemies lol. but then I had an issue that made me decide to scrap the entire save and start over.

this save I'm ready to cross the rift barrier now. I have multiple gates located and all keys. finally got my fighters upgraded to handle it. current command ship is pushing 87k omi.  4 sectors providing income from traders. plenty of salvager and miner fighters ready.  total fleet size is more than the 8 ships needed for the gate and all are useful for whatever hits on the other side.  prolly go tonight or tomorrow.