[REQ] Removing turret material requirements and others...

The Devil

Just got this game on steam and it is honestly one of the most customizable games I have ever played.

Im not much of a mod creator, though im pretty good with editting values, Ive been getting into creating unique turrets (using the OPW as a template) and one limitation that I got is that I can't figure out how to make it to where any turret material type can be placed on any type of material on the ship.

Honestly for me I only play on singleplayer mode so I can play around with the game settings and create some stuff for me to use (and of course making an alliance that can easily control the universe) so honestly if there is something to edit to turn off material requirements on the whole game then I would prefer that over an extensive mod to change game mechanics.

Also: As far as factions, Im really interested in a way to make a sector generator command that can create player(alliance) owned stations like with the AI factions. Ive downloaded some other mods that have modded factions, but it looks like they are all forced to be AI and after looking into documentation extensively I don't really see any easy way to change ownership of stations/ships

Anyone got any ideas on how to make these work? the factions one I am not as interested in as the turret material requirements but if someone has an idea or a place to start for finding out how then ill take it :)

Just got this game on steam and it is honestly one of the most customizable games I have ever played.

Im not much of a mod creator, though im pretty good with editting values, Ive been getting into creating unique turrets (using the OPW as a template) and one limitation that I got is that I can't figure out how to make it to where any turret material type can be placed on any type of material on the ship.

Honestly for me I only play on singleplayer mode so I can play around with the game settings and create some stuff for me to use (and of course making an alliance that can easily control the universe) so honestly if there is something to edit to turn off material requirements on the whole game then I would prefer that over an extensive mod to change game mechanics.

Also: As far as factions, Im really interested in a way to make a sector generator command that can create player(alliance) owned stations like with the AI factions. Ive downloaded some other mods that have modded factions, but it looks like they are all forced to be AI and after looking into documentation extensively I don't really see any easy way to change ownership of stations/ships

Anyone got any ideas on how to make these work? the factions one I am not as interested in as the turret material requirements but if someone has an idea or a place to start for finding out how then ill take it :)

You can't mod an Avorion turret on Iron blocks, but you can modify turrets to be made out of Iron that is hard coded. The material has to be changed in    GenerateTurretTemplate.

Prettyy much anything related to Materials is not moddable.

Nearly all the things within sectors are of the entity-type. To change the ownership of an entity to a player, you can use

entity.factionIndex = Player().index

Yea I figured that stuff was hardcodded since I couldnt find much of anything in the documentation.

I know that you can change the material for the turret itself, the reason why I ask is because I created serveral mining/salage lasers that gather different substances and in order to place all of those different turrets I need to change the material on each part the turret goes on. I was just hoping for an easy fix but I guess not :(

And thanks for the code link, kinda hard to understand what its function is through the documents.

Quick followup question in regard to entity ownership, in entitydbg for the ship commands are the own and own alliance functions for taking control of the entities? I dont really understand what the function of those are...

• 2 months later...

Just so you know, the material just has to be that type or better.

So Naonite turret can be placed on Naonite, Trinium, Xanion, etc.

But you can't place a Trinium turret on Naonite, Titanium or Iron.

So you shouldn't have to swap the parts often, just make sure to use the highest material needed.