Economics Balance Problems

tulubin

So I found out my water collector was surplus for a really long time, in a sector with 3 water consume stations belong to another faction. Not even a single traders come to buy my water(I set price at lowest).

But my gas collector was attracting a lot of traders(with price above 10%).

Both stations have same design and not close to other stations.

Here is my questions:

1. Did that happen because it is water collector or some other reason?

2. How do I get more traders to my stations?

3. Does nearby section effect the demand of products? I tried to destory all nearby water collectors, but still nobody comes.

4. In empty sector, if I build a station and want someone come to buy it, what do I need to do?(I tried it in creative mode, no trade cames.

I am appreciated any help.

Sometimes demand simply isnt there for an item, find a couple sectors nearby that purchase your item and drag them on a cargo hauler there and sell them yourself, I find this to be the best workaround.

I really looking forward to founding an empire rather than becoming a hauler :D

Like X series.

• 1 month later...

Trade has become really unfair :'( since the "cargo running upgrade" NPC got since 0.15 or 0.16: I've seen stations go from 0 to 25000 in less than ten minutes. It is probably due to the fact that supply and demand seems to be related to how much of the cargo is at sale, but at least out-of-sector buying for supply seem to not change the suppliers' station stock if it happens in an unloaded sector. Or there must be something I'm not understanding.

So, in my theory, that NPC hauler un-nerf seems to have demultiplicated the Trading Post's impacts into the economy (I call it the rolling economy) as most of them lying in inactive sectors infinitely supply nearby stations, and basically made the economy totally bonkers :o ! Things that aren't made in a seventy sector radius get supplied in ridiculously huge amounts, and stations that have gone unsupplied for hours then suddenly get supplied without any station construction happening in-between, simply because a post started converting bought products to sold products. So it would basically mean the "is such cargo supplied to this sector" question would only be answered by either "yes" or "maybe" as there'd be a random chance of sudden infinite supply.

My theory seems to be backed up by your experience of destroying all other water suppliers (I wonder how you did it) and still selling no water.

Right now, evaluating demand by observing station stocks is straight-up impossible :(.

I'd almost tell you to make a station that uses the water you are producing, to benefit from the inexplicable supply yourself and wait for the update that'll introduce automated cargo hauling player-made ships.

In empty sector' date=' if I build a station and want someone come to buy it, what do I need to do?(I tried it in creative mode, no trade cames.[/quote']

I have no idea. I have two water collectors in my sandbox galaxy where the nearest faction is hundreds of sectors away, and, er, one of them (the Dualefort prototype) is getting fine trades in my main sector and another, 2 sectors away (a customized JoeBar functioning as an onsen), seems to draw nobody's attention.

Did you activate the "station requests to sell" box ? It may be a misclick.