Popup Messages

bcr666

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I didn't see any other more suitable forums.

I read the patch notes "...Random dialogs popping up were quite the nuisance, we've improved this behavoir and added a hailing system where players can decide to answer calls or just reject them - with consequences though."

Last night, when I was playing, I was involved in a fight. I destroyed the first enemy (Xstostan I think) ship and moved to engage the second and immediately started to take heavy damage and tried to move away, but then a popup message from someone ("Hunter", I think) blocked my screen, and I frantically tried to dismiss the window, so I didn't read anything on it, but my ship had been destroyed. Luckily I had already finished mining enough titanium to build a different ship and was able to make it back to the sector and pick up my loot.

I was playing in a multiplayer game that a friend was hosting on their machine and used Steam Invite to connect me, So I don't have access to server details.

I haven't seen one of the new pop-ups yet but the old messages used to be annoying like that too. first time I answered a distress call the message caught me by surprise and almost caused the same thing.  most (if not all?) of the messages can be dropped simply hitting the escape key (Esc). not sure if the new pop-ups can be or not.

I encountered the adventurer last night. Instead of a popup, I got a message at the top to the screen that said "Incoming Message from the Adventurer" or something like that "Press <Return> to receive or <something else I can't remember> to Ignore".

I pressed the <Enter> button and the popup window opened as expected.

Sounds like you encountered the new Persecutor pirates who will hunt you if your ship is too weak for the area. Build a bigger ship so it has more health and then you won't encounter them as long as you make sure to keep upgrading your ship as you travel closer to the core of the galaxy.