Advanced galaxy generation tools

TESL4

Suggestion

Hi all!  This is my first post, but it is something that I would really enjoy seeing in the game and am open to criticism.

So currently in the game there aren't really any tools to alter the settings of the galaxy you play in.  Personally I would love to see more options (sliders or just incremental values) that would change certain aspects of the galaxy. Similar to the difficulty modifier, but for different values of the galaxy generation.  I know that there are mods which provide an alteration for this, but having it in vanilla would be really nice imo. There could even be a toggle between basic settings and advanced so to accommodates a casual player vs someone looking for something specific. This could also lead to servers being created for the purpose of being an "MMO" server with groups of players forming alliances throughout the galaxy.

Values could be for:

- NPC empire frequency

- NPC general starting attitude towards players

- Pirate raiding frequency/difficulty

- Xotan raiding frequency/difficulty

- Asteroid size generation

- Asteroid density (number of asteroids generated in systems with asteroids)

- Asteroid resource density (more/less valuable nodes)

- Wormhole generation frequency

- Neutral zone frequency

- Rift frequency/size

Additionally an option to toggle NPCs being able to use player designed ship sets for their ships would be a cool idea.  This would require ship sets to be created from workshop ship designs.  Personally I don't mind the random ship generation, but having the option to have some player designed ships duking it out in an NPC war would be pretty amazing.

3 answers to this suggestion

+1 I agree with everything you've said. It would be pretty sweet aswell to be able to so easily modify your game like that. It would bring a bit more of a spark to players gameplay. For now you have to mod to get your own ships into the game or change the galaxy itself.

What a nice idea ! It'd be like the world generation options in Dwarf Fortress ! Already suggested by me with asteroid frequency (because everyone likes huge fields of big asteroids, but some have small computers), but other options would be extra nice too.

Some people would like galaxies on Insane but with huge amounts of ores to mine and make huge ships with it... and some others would play on Easy but in starved galaxies, engaging in small-scale battles.

I still think this would be a great quality of life addition to the game.  Many other games out there, that do well, have advanced world options like this.  Either way the game is still enjoyable as is, but it would still be cool trying different galaxies such as resource scarce systems, super rich and deadly enemies, ect. 

As you said, it would also be a benefit for those with lower tier PCs, so they wouldn't run into trouble when getting into a dense system.