Post Launch Server

Radagar

Afternoon folks, I'm new to the forums here and unfortunately missed the Kickstarter phase of the project so I'm currently waiting for early access to start  :-\ .  I've played the demo a bit and I'm in the planning stage of having a mp server post release. My current hosting service is Creeperhost and I've been working with them to get Avorion officially supported as a server option through their panel. Unfortunately the demo wont work for them but in speaking with Koonschi he's thinking that the actual steam release will be compatible and we'll be good to go.

That being said I've got a question for current beta players. I noticed another thread discussing the player caps on servers being low, I'm curious what that number is in the beta and if it's hard-coded or something we can tweak at our own risk? The server itself has access to 5 cores and 6gb ram currently, with options to upgrade if necessary and I'd like to push it to the limit and get as many people in as possible.

The other question is that of desire to have something like this. I'll personally be bringing a few friends/family in most likely but I'd like to have a bit more of a living persistent galaxy to play in. Akin to the old freelancer persistent worlds if anyone remembers that stuff. Would anyone here be interested in that kind of thing?

Thanks