Is it possible to transfer space fighters from one ship to another?

Orillien

Is it possible to build a ship or a station, which build endless space fighters to transfer the finished with the actual warships? It takes many production blocks to efficiently produce a space fighter and that would overwhelm a normal ship.

Yes it is possible and very much worth it. I use my station(s) to build my fighters and then transfer them to my crafts.

You need to be within 0.02km of the  "core" of the ship to transfer crew/fighters/cargo, not "docked".

Works the same as ship<->ship transfer just ship<->station.

Get within 0.02km of the selected ship/station, then "F", go to the bottom option of transfer crew/cargo/fighters. Each option is in its own tab. Left window is your ship, right window is the other ship/station.

No worries, its actually pretty simple, just costs a fortune :)

Go to a shipyard and tell it to build you a ship. Make sure to select "Station Founder" or something like that as an option.

That will give you the option to "Found Station" or something like that by selecting the ship. It will then popup a menu of different station types, and you can select one. They range from like 20-60 million credits to found.

It works as a ship, but also has more features depending on what kind of station you make. You can still build it like you would a regular ship, and it will also attach some parts to it depending on what the station needed (cargo, assembly, etc).

NOTE: you will be unable to change sectors / "move" it once you've founded a station. You can still push/bump it with another ship but can't hyperspace it.

• 1 month later...

Thank's for tip.

What I understand from Your post is that You only can build station in systems where are npc with shipyard?

Can You found station and than move it to other sector and than build it there?

I'm not ingame but looking some tuts or tips about building station and factories.

Thank's for tip.

What I understand from Your post is that You only can build station in systems where are npc with shipyard?

Can You found station and than move it to other sector and than build it there?

I'm not ingame but looking some tuts or tips about building station and factories.

The station founder just sets a flag (it actually attaches a script) on the ship that it can now be used to create a station. You can fly that ship like normal and jump it whereever you want to create the station :). It just gives you another option.