Buy maps

SpaceBeetle

Suggestion

3 answers to this suggestion

This is a sorely needed feature in the game. I absolutely love the size of the map but trying to find every last sector for a faction to enable more trade options is a massive PITA. Some kind of cost should be associated with it like having a minimum affinity as suggested as well as a credit cost. Even just being able to purchase small incomplete maps revealing  5-15 inhabited sectors from a station would be a godsend.

Has been suggested

I disagree with the fact its a sorely needed feature, as exploration is a big part of the game, or you would be able to ask for their headquarters, find and sell asteroids and get all the info of their map. The only way i see this possible if the prime sector, alfa, beta etc get some kind of district, but for that you would have to find the prime sector (of the district) and that that's where you could buy the map, but i still think it would ruin the explorationpart of the game.

Perhaps a map with all the gateways would be possible without reducing the need of exploration in the game.

However, if you were able to go to their headquarters and get a mission with the reward being the map, then i do agree. For the mission, i think being part of a factionwarfleet for some time and have to defeat a way stronger enemy with your allies would make it something you cant just get and skip all of the exploration, as you would need to be able to defeat the fleet first. But then also do give the mission a minimum firepower and hp requierd.

just being able to buy a map and skip all of the exploration, no, just dont pls