The larger the ship, the higher the limit for blocks on turrets?

Hetz

Suggestion

My friend asked me to do some Space Battleship Yamato turrets and i told him about the turret block limit. He suggested that the larger the ship is the more blocks for turrets, maybe scaling with the ships blocks. I realize that the limit is to help with lag.

4 answers to this suggestion

To much details are indeed causing lag, and so are bigger ships. So if you have a large ship (wich causes a bit of lag) and turrets with a high blocklimit (and thus causes more lag) you can guesa whats going to happen...

And 200 blocks (i believe) are quite a few details you can add...

I think it was 250 blocks, which is kinda okay for turrets that aren't huge coax guns. After that it'd be kind of blocky/undetailed.

The main lag-reducing measure here is more the amount of turrets and turret slots, which is intensified by multi-slot turrets... and now the new 5+-slot coax guns.

Maybe multi-slot turrets would get to be more complex (50 blocks +50 blocks per slot?) regardless of size which may be simply a damage/range multiplier (whose maximum would depend of slots but also something else, to avoid ships made of large flat shapes to put huge cannons on ?).

There's a cap for a reason, being lagreducing. Setting it lower for lowslot turrets doesnt make sence and going over it introduces more lag. I dont see why it would be a needed feature to have different amount of blocks for turrets.