Hosting a dedicated server questions

ApolloMk2

Hey guys,  I've looked around a little for this here and across the web with somewhat lacking or very mixed results so I'm posting here, sorry if its a repeat. My friends and co-workers just started playing Avorion and really love it, there's about 6 of us playing now and we're all a bunch of newbs but in another week or so I'd like to open it up/make it public and I have some questions and concerns around.

1 - I'm hosting on an older but good, dedicated computer. Fresh Win10 Pro install, with 3.2ghz quadcore i5 and 8gb ram,  2xSSD's in Raid1 for redundancy. Should this be enough to support 15 players at once?

2 - My internet connection is 80 down, 20 up. Obviously the up is the only concern, but i have nothing else using my upload so I think thats decent. Enough for 15 people?

3 - Right now I'm hosting in the simplest (maybe worst) way, just running the server command/batch files. I've looked at two other ways of hosting that sound better, GSM Game Server Manager, and some Steam Server App. What do other people have success with? I like the look of GSM but haven't heard much of people using it for Avorion.

4 - If I make my server public for others to join, are there any mods that people consider almost mandatory? Or other settings I should make sure I've enabled?

Thanks!!