Ways to avoid losing your ship to enemy damage during/after server crash.

RCTFORME

Suggestion

I think we've all had issues with disconnects/server crashes while in a fire-fight (or even worse, JUST AFTER warping into a zone with enemies), and coming back online to find ourselves in a drone in our starting location.  The only worse feeling is asking somebody to clear the pirates for you so you can recover your belongings, and then having to salvage your own wreckage.  It's just an awful experience, especially considering it is not an intended part of your game-play experience.

So, I submit 2 ideas that would prevent this:

1: Eliminate all hostile enemies (or make them neutral) in a player-occupied sector X minutes after a server start-up (or, ideally, until the player has taken control of the ship), or

2: Make player created crafts immune from damage after a server start-up.  I understand this may be the less popular choice as it may be exploitable depending on how it were implemented.

It would just be nice not having to dread fighting (or running into) hostiles with the concern of a server crash costing me my hard work and time.

3: One last alternate suggestion I just thought of: automatically transferring players into a nearby empty sector if hostiles are present in their current sector during/after a server crash.  Or, heck, I even wouldn't mind my ship being ported back to the home sector on crash; anything to avoid having it destroyed.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet