Can be deleted

Rinart73

Suggestion

You know the drill. Player gets cargo from their station (or Alliance station), then sells that cargo to station again. Free money from nowhere.

On a first thought I wanted to just suggest "tie player/Alliance money account to all station transactions". But then we'll need to rebalance stations starting prices, since we'll have to pay for each good that it buys from NPC and it will be insanely harder to make profit.

My final suggestion is: tie owner's wallet to buy/sell operations ONLY if station is trading with a ship that belongs to a Player or Alliance.

This way NPC trading will remain untouched. And economy vulnerability with Player to Player trading will be eliminated. If Player/Alliance sells goods to a non-NPC station, owner of the station (Player or Alliance) pays the money.

One small but important thing: add a checkbox to allow/deny station to buy from players. Otherwise someone might use new mechanics to ruin station owner wallet by providing a lot of goods.

Update: I somehow missed when that was fixed. Can't find in which version (no entry in changelogs). Thread can be deleted.

6 answers to this suggestion

Not sure. So far I've never seen such exploits in practice, and whenever I take commodities from the station and then sell them to it, I get no credits.

The limitation to player trading for a station is also weird, since you're directly responsible for providing the storage space for the station, therefore you also control hot much goods can be sold to that station at any given time.