[MOD] Turret Seed Revival

Morhe

So I noticed the Turret Seed Mod is out of date (tried to run it myself) and decided to patch it up. While I was in there, I fixed the "Requires X.75 Servos" bug in the vanilla game and added functionality that causes the turret factory to retain its vanilla behavior when a client without the mod connects to a server with it, so I thought I'd post it here for the Avorion community's turret-crafting pleasure.

[spoiler=Changelog]v0.16.2b

- Forced recalculation of inredient scaling to prevent turrets from one seed using the scaling values from turrets of another.

v0.16.2

- Initial revival of original mod by Alopix

- Added fallback behavior to allow servers to behave as vanilla for un-modded clients.

- Fixed rare vanilla bug that could cause turrets to request part of an ingredient in their recipe.

[spoiler=Features]- Allows players to select a seed for their custom turrets at the turret factory.

- Fixes the vanilla bug that can cause some rare/exceptional turrets to require partial components in their ingredients.

[spoiler=Install]1) Download the modified turretfactory.lua file from this post

2) Navigate to

your steamapps folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\)

\common\Avorion\data\scripts\entity\merchants

3) Rename turretfactory.lua to turretfactory.lua.bak (or turretfactory_vanilla.lua, etc)

4) copy the modified turretfactory.lua into Avorion\data\scripts\entity\merchants

[spoiler=Uninstall]1) delete turretfactory.lua from Avorion\data\scripts\entity\merchants

2) rename turretfactory.lua.bak to turretfactory.lua

[spoiler=Backup Download]In case forum attachments don't work:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F6nPGksGufdih1sQnubvc6_oQxPZ0E6V

turretfactory.zip

- Fixes the vanilla bug that can cause some rare/exceptional turrets to require partial components in their ingredients.

Do you mean the behaviour where instead of having to put in more components, putting less in increases the stats?

Please update the old thread title, still showing [0.16.2] ???.

I'm not the author of the original thread, so I can't change it :(

Got an update on the way, fyi; found a lot of bugs with the original mod that I've been working my way through.

As an unrelated aside, is there a straightforward way to create a script that's added to every player on a server? Once I've got this one done I plan to make a mod that makes players' faction relations slowly drift towards that of the alliance they're in, to solve an issue some players are having on a server I run where if they make friends with a naturally-hostile faction, that faction bombards their probe if they ever exit their alliance ship or switch to a sector controlled by that faction.

Update: Made a few changes to address a small UI oversight in the original mod regarding Avorion's ingredient scaling.

As an aside, as part of the testing process for this mod I've noticed some interesting behaviors regarding ingredient scaling. Namely, there are certain turret types for which custom turrets are often better if they -don't- have modifiers on them, because the ingredients scale the strength of the turret strongly enough that the loss of ingredient scaling from the increase the base turret's value hurts the final turret more than it helps. Turret types that exhibit this behavior are, consequently, more powerful custom-built than randomly generated at the same (and sometimes one higher) tier.

Fyi: The mod is not dead, I already relaunched/extended it here.

This is really cool... I'll have to look over it at some point, but I like the changes you've listed. I'm  going to keep working on this one either way, though, since it's probably going to end up as part of a blanket mod I'm building for my server.