[MOD-WIP] Lots of things

Serenity424

Hello fella,

If you want to help I'll write where I'm stuck on the ideas

I played a bit of this cubic game lately and as rts player/code geek I went looking in the LUA to see what can be tweaked.

At first I went there for turrets you know .... But as I used other modification (kinda scavenged some mod really) I decided to make a post where I could share my tweaks.

For now there is no files just the idea/tweaks done.

Done :

-Improve turrets number

-Improve loot collection range

-Improved turret range (still work to be done because it's not work for all the turrets sources only buying and crafting)

-Improved hyperspace cooldown reduction (lazy me..)

-Added more strength to pirates and Xsotans (I play in creative so it felt a bit too easy)

-Added the advancedshipyard but I took of the "take time to build a ship" thingy

Now what I plan to work on :

-Create a base turret (both kinds) and it goes with the size of the ship, which mean big ship , big base turret number. The upgrade would "only" add xx% of armed or unarmed turret for you to specialize the ship , but no more 10 turret on a capital ship or 600 on the frigate ..... Haven't looked so far so no problems

-I came across a mod which made the shield less bright, i planed on tweaking this one to have a shield which shows vanilla brightness only when and where it's shot (like a good scifi one) Added the mod for less brightness some fine tuning for the color and effect (maybe a color depending on the material?) but I don't know how to locate weapons impacts on the shield

-Wanted to also add to shield the (front, back, sides) shield focus but I thinks it's a bit hard  Haven't looked so far so no problems

-There is existing mods for advanced commands, plan to add more inspired from turret orders like attack torpedoes and figther and also formations, like one you could save your own personal formation you know . Haven't looked so far so no problems

-Had in the idea to make generators hits (or energy containers) a bit more realistic as it goes boom when a railgun hit your 23TW generator bloc. Or like if it's just a part of your ship you got damages like a range of explosion depending on the size of the lost bloc. (Starwars fan need to create some death star with cooling vents on the workshop aye) I know where to add it, it's when the game decide to make wreckage or not of the block but I don't know what function would create a explosion there

-I also want a real thermonuclear torpedos , like one which go kaboom for real, and perk of space don't even need to make a sound. Testing phase

-Maybe if I could, that collision first goes on the shield then on the ship, like you have "impenetrable shields" which stop a torpedo or a blast of cannon but an asteroid you hit at 4km/s will rip your face ... I want to use the asteroid field as a shield/projectiles for a big entrance you know. Haven't looked so far so no problems

-Sector entry point, it feels like cheat that there is only one freaking point of entry, you put your space complex 150km from that point and your fleet in between and you're save for life. just need to switch sectors to go on your city. Haven't looked so far so no problems

-I saw some auto docking mod, which is a nice feature. Haven't looked so far so no problems

-Maybe play with unspeakable weapons like a crazy laser beam which can cut your destroyer in half but take 300 spots 2k crew and a shit load of energy plus you know 50sec to shoot again of something. Haven't looked so far so no problems

-Maybe faster rockets (from the turrets not torpedoes) like it's nice a bit faster would seems more nice and realistic. Haven't looked so far so no problems

-Sellers with a slider on the side and way more turrets/upgrades Haven't looked so far so no problems

-hardcore to do I think but worth the lookup, a frigate attachable to your ship, like a real carrier with like frigates , cargo, miners this kind. Late on the game you have huge fleet but you'd like something else than the drone. An other way is to make possible to improve the drone as you advance in the game like 25M credits to change the drone and it's limited to like 1/100th of your bigger ship (numbers not defined) Haven't looked so far so no problems

-Maybe a upgrade for distance commerce, like you have a legendary 20km fake docking , so no need to bring your huge capital ship that throw the poor station in another sector with a wrong mouse mouvement... Haven't looked so far so no problems

-Another feature also could be to tweak the shipyard as you get a ship (frigate, corvette) loaded with upgrades and turrets but it cost like a awful price to do so like 1000 time the turret seller price. It would be nice for creative and like end game when you'll want to go against my revamped Xsotans Haven't looked so far so no problems

-As said I want to add the capability to the "bad guys" to match you long enough so you can really enjoy a scaled battle where you have to engage all your forces. Could be on the form of an event triggered by the Guardian death where like some sectors in the centers are filled with Xsotans sectors but like city you don't want to attack without preparation and each of them enable Attacks events and each X times a new sector is conquered and so on, so basically you kill the big one and that trigger a massive conter action you'll need to stop if you want to stay in the center. I'm gonna let guys that like to create lore to find a nice sweet story. Haven't looked so far so no problems

-May implement the only one factory, the asteroid mover, and some others mods I come across the forum. Haven't looked so far so no problems

As of today that's all I have in mind, I'm pretty sure as I fool around in the game or in the code I'll find others idea. You can post yours too it may create others ideas.

Final point and a bit disappointment source (sorry), as I'm busy IRL nothing insure i'll finish this ever, but as it may never come as a mod package I'm going to try to post my codes as I write them.

For sure I cannot always remember where I scavenged the codes so I don't own the credit for a lot of lines and sorry to the original writes that I don't keep your names in mind.... But it is appreciated !

Have fun and all

I also started a thread in reddit :

So, I went for the shield at first (I'll post the chunk of code about shipyard later) what I found : you can change the color in the shield.frag (in the shader folder) prettry straight forward http://www-db.deis.unibo.it/courses/TW/DOCS/w3schools/colors/colors_picker.asp-colorhex=F08080.html is a good way to change the color. But seems others colors can create a but, i'm looking into that.I added this https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3263.0.html and I'm trying to find who is responsible for the shield modification upon impacts, think it's around line 50, not really sure tho.

Edit : Ship color ain't working correctly, It should have been red , it's green ... still can be changed , it's easy and straight forward too, as soon as you are on the file it's easy to find.

Edit2 : this time it's better but I need to work on the smoothing because it look like the ship blink when the shields appear.

Edit2 : this wwebsite may be better http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorper.html

Torpedoes modifications

package.path = package.path .. ";data/scripts/lib/?.lua"

require ("galaxy")
require ("randomext")

local rand = random()

local TorpedoGenerator =  {}

local blue = ColorRGB(0.2, 0.2, 1.0)
local red = ColorRGB(1.0, 0.2, 0.2)
local yellow = ColorRGB(0.8, 0.8, 0.2)

local BodyType =
{
    Orca = 1,
    Hammerhead = 2,
    Stingray = 3,
    Ocelot = 4,
    Lynx = 5,
    Panther = 6,
    Osprey = 7,
    Eagle = 8,
    Hawk = 9,
}
TorpedoGenerator.BodyType = BodyType

local Bodies = {}
table.insert(Bodies, {type = BodyType.Orca,        name = "Orca"%_T,        velocity = 1, agility = 1, stripes = 1, size = 1.0, reach = 4, color = blue})
table.insert(Bodies, {type = BodyType.Hammerhead,  name = "Hammerhead"%_T,  velocity = 1, agility = 2, stripes = 2, size = 1.5, reach = 5, color = blue})
table.insert(Bodies, {type = BodyType.Stingray,    name = "Stingray"%_T,    velocity = 1, agility = 3, stripes = 3, size = 2.5, reach = 6, color = blue})
table.insert(Bodies, {type = BodyType.Ocelot,      name = "Ocelot"%_T,      velocity = 2, agility = 1, stripes = 1, size = 1.5, reach = 5, color = red})
table.insert(Bodies, {type = BodyType.Lynx,        name = "Lynx"%_T,        velocity = 2, agility = 2, stripes = 2, size = 2.5, reach = 6, color = red})
table.insert(Bodies, {type = BodyType.Panther,     name = "Panther"%_T,     velocity = 2, agility = 3, stripes = 3, size = 3.5, reach = 7, color = red})
table.insert(Bodies, {type = BodyType.Osprey,      name = "Osprey"%_T,      velocity = 3, agility = 1, stripes = 1, size = 2.5, reach = 6, color = yellow})
table.insert(Bodies, {type = BodyType.Eagle,       name = "Eagle"%_T,       velocity = 3, agility = 2, stripes = 2, size = 3.5, reach = 7, color = yellow})
table.insert(Bodies, {type = BodyType.Hawk,        name = "Hawk"%_T,        velocity = 3, agility = 3, stripes = 3, size = 5.0, reach = 8, color = yellow})

local WarheadType =
{
    Nuclear = 1,
    Neutron = 2,
    Fusion = 3,
    Tandem = 4,
    Kinetic = 5,
    Ion = 6,
    Plasma = 7,
    Sabot = 8,
    EMP = 9,
    AntiMatter = 10,
    ThermoNuclear = 11,
}
TorpedoGenerator.WarheadType = WarheadType

local Warheads = {}
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.Nuclear,     name = "Nuclear"%_T,        hull = 1,     shield = 1,       size = 1.0, color = ColorRGB(0.8, 0.8, 0.8)})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.Neutron,     name = "Neutron"%_T,        hull = 3,     shield = 1,       size = 1.0, color = ColorRGB(0.8, 0.8, 0.3)})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.Fusion,      name = "Fusion"%_T,         hull = 1,     shield = 3,       size = 1.0, color = ColorRGB(1.0, 0.4, 0.1)})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.Tandem,      name = "Tandem"%_T,         hull = 1.5,   shield = 2,       size = 1.5, color = ColorRGB(0.8, 0.2, 0.2), shieldAndHullDamage = true})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.Kinetic,     name = "Kinetic"%_T,        hull = 2.5,   shield = 0.25,    size = 1.5, color = ColorRGB(0.7, 0.3, 0.7), damageVelocityFactor = true})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.Ion,         name = "Ion"%_T,            hull = 0.25,  shield = 3,       size = 2.0, color = ColorRGB(0.2, 0.7, 1.0), energyDrain = true})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.Plasma,      name = "Plasma"%_T,         hull = 1,     shield = 5,       size = 2.0, color = ColorRGB(0.2, 0.8, 0.2)})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.Sabot,       name = "Sabot"%_T,          hull = 2,     shield = 0,       size = 3.0, color = ColorRGB(1.0, 0.1, 0.5), penetrateShields = true})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.EMP,         name = "EMP"%_T,            hull = 0,     shield = 0.025,   size = 3.0, color = ColorRGB(0.3, 0.3, 0.9), deactivateShields = true})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.AntiMatter,  name = "Anti-Matter"%_T,    hull = 80,    shield = 60,      size = 25, color = ColorRGB(0.2, 0.2, 0.2), storageEnergyDrain = 50000000})
table.insert(Warheads, {type = WarheadType.ThermoNuclear,  name = "ThermoNuclear"%_T,    hull = 80,    shield = 60,      size = 25, color = ColorRGB(0.2, 0.2, 0.2), storageEnergyDrain = 50000000})

function TorpedoGenerator.initialize(seed)
    if seed then
        rand = Random(seed)
    end
end

function TorpedoGenerator.getBodyProbability(x, y)
    local distFromCenter = length(vec2(x, y)) / Balancing_GetMaxCoordinates()

local data = {}

data[bodyType.Orca] =       {p = 1.0}
    data[bodyType.Hammerhead] = {d = 0.8, p = 1.5}
    data[bodyType.Ocelot] =     {d = 0.8, p = 1.5}
    data[bodyType.Stingray] =   {d = 0.6, p = 2.0}
    data[bodyType.Lynx] =       {d = 0.6, p = 2.0}
    data[bodyType.Osprey] =     {d = 0.6, p = 2.0}
    data[bodyType.Panther] =    {d = 0.45, p = 2.5}
    data[bodyType.Eagle] =      {d = 0.45, p = 2.5}
    data[bodyType.Hawk] =       {d = 0.35, p = 3.0}

local probabilities = {}

for t, specs in pairs(data) do
        if not specs.d or distFromCenter < specs.d then
            probabilities[t] = specs.p
        end
    end

return probabilities
end

function TorpedoGenerator.getWarheadProbability(x, y)
    local distFromCenter = length(vec2(x, y)) / Balancing_GetMaxCoordinates()

local data = {}

data[WarheadType.Nuclear] =    {p = 1.0}
    data[WarheadType.Neutron] =    {d = 0.8, p = 1.5}
    data[WarheadType.Fusion] =     {d = 0.8, p = 1.5}
    data[WarheadType.Tandem] =     {d = 0.65, p = 2.0}
    data[WarheadType.Kinetic] =    {d = 0.65, p = 2.0}
    data[WarheadType.Ion] =        {d = 0.5, p = 2.5}
    data[WarheadType.Plasma] =     {d = 0.5, p = 2.5}
    data[WarheadType.Sabot] =      {d = 0.35, p = 3.0}
    data[WarheadType.EMP] =        {d = 0.35, p = 3.0}
    data[WarheadType.AntiMatter] = {d = 0.25, p = 3.5}
    data[WarheadType.ThermoNuclear] = {d = 0.15, p = 5.5}

local probabilities = {}

for t, specs in pairs(data) do
        if not specs.d or distFromCenter < specs.d then
            probabilities[t] = specs.p
        end
    end

return probabilities
end

function TorpedoGenerator.generate(x, y, offset_in, rarity_in, warhead_in, body_in) -- server

local offset = offset_in or 0
    local seed = rand:createSeed()
    local sector = math.floor(length(vec2(x, y))) + offset

local dps, tech = Balancing_GetSectorWeaponDPS(sector, 0)
    dps = dps * Balancing_GetSectorTurretsUnrounded(sector, 0) -- remove turret bias

local rarities = {}
    rarities[5] = 0.1 -- legendary
    rarities[4] = 1 -- exotic
    rarities[3] = 8 -- exceptional
    rarities[2] = 16 -- rare
    rarities[1] = 32 -- uncommon
    rarities[0] = 128 -- common

local rarity = rarity_in or Rarity(getValueFromDistribution(rarities))

local bodyProbabilities = TorpedoGenerator.getBodyProbability(sector, 0)
    local body = Bodies[selectByWeight(rand, bodyProbabilities)]
    if body_in then body = Bodies[body_in] end

local warheadProbabilities = TorpedoGenerator.getWarheadProbability(sector, 0)
local gottya=selectByWeight(rand, warheadProbabilities)
    local warhead = Warheads[gottya]
    if warhead_in then warhead = Warheads[warhead_in] end
-- if warhead.size==9.9 then
    local torpedo = TorpedoTemplate()

-- normal properties
    torpedo.rarity = rarity
    torpedo.tech = tech
    torpedo.size = round(body.size * warhead.size, 2)

-- body properties
    torpedo.durability = (2 + tech / 10) * (rarity.value + 1) + 4;
    torpedo.turningSpeed = 0.3 + 0.1 * ((body.agility * 2) - 1)
    torpedo.maxVelocity = 250 + 100 * body.velocity
    torpedo.reach = (body.reach * 4 + 3 * rarity.value) * 150

-- warhead properties
    local damage = dps * (1 + rarity.value * 0.25) * 10

torpedo.shieldDamage = round(damage * warhead.shield / 100) * 100
    torpedo.hullDamage = round(damage * warhead.hull / 100) * 100
    torpedo.shieldPenetration = warhead.penetrateShields or false
    torpedo.shieldDeactivation = warhead.deactivateShields or false
    torpedo.shieldAndHullDamage = warhead.shieldAndHullDamage or false
    torpedo.energyDrain = warhead.energyDrain or false
    torpedo.storageEnergyDrain = (warhead.storageEnergyDrain or 0.0) * tech
    torpedo.damageType = DamageType.Physical
    torpedo.acceleration = 0.5 * torpedo.maxVelocity * torpedo.maxVelocity / 1000 -- reach max velocity after 10km of travelled way

if warhead.damageVelocityFactor then
        -- scale to normal dps damage dependent on maxVelocity
        torpedo.damageVelocityFactor = damage * warhead.hull / torpedo.maxVelocity
        torpedo.maxVelocity = torpedo.maxVelocity * 2.0
        torpedo.hullDamage = 0
    end

-- torpedo visuals
    torpedo.visualSeed = rand:getInt()
    torpedo.stripes = body.stripes
    torpedo.stripeColor = body.color
    torpedo.headColor = warhead.color
    torpedo.prefix = warhead.name
    torpedo.name = "${speed}-Class ${warhead} Torpedo"%_T % {speed = body.name, warhead = warhead.name}
    torpedo.icon = "data/textures/icons/missile-pod.png"

-- impact visuals
    torpedo.numShockwaves = 1
    torpedo.shockwaveSize = 60
    torpedo.shockwaveDuration = 0.6
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.9, 0.6, 0.3)
    -- torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.1, 0.3, 1.2) -- this looks cool :)
    torpedo.explosionSize = 6
    torpedo.flashSize = 25
    torpedo.flashDuration = 1
if gottya == 1 then
    -- impact visuals
    torpedo.numShockwaves = gottya
    torpedo.shockwaveSize = 15^gottya
    torpedo.shockwaveDuration = gottya
    -- torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.9, 0.6, 0.3)
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.8, 0.8, 0.8) -- this looks cool :)
    torpedo.explosionSize = (6*gottya)^gottya
    torpedo.flashSize = 15^gottya
    torpedo.flashDuration = gottya
elseif gottya == 2 then
-- impact visuals
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.8, 0.8, 0.3) -- this looks cool :)
elseif gottya == 3 then
-- impact visuals
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(1.0, 0.4, 0.1) -- this looks cool :)
elseif gottya == 4 then
-- impact visuals
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.8, 0.2, 0.2) -- this looks cool :)
elseif gottya == 5 then
-- impact visuals
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.7, 0.3, 0.7) -- this looks cool :)
elseif gottya == 6 then
-- impact visuals
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.2, 0.7, 1.0) -- this looks cool :)
elseif gottya == 7 then
-- impact visuals
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(1.0, 0.1, 0.5) -- this looks cool :)
elseif gottya == 8 then
-- impact visuals
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.2, 0.8, 0.2) -- this looks cool :)
elseif gottya == 9 then
-- impact visuals
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.2, 0.2, 0.2) -- this looks cool :)
elseif gottya == 10 then
-- impact visuals
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.2, 0.2, 0.2) -- this looks cool :)
elseif gottya == 11 then

-- normal properties

torpedo.size = round(body.size * warhead.size, 2)

-- body properties

torpedo.maxVelocity = 350
    torpedo.reach = 15000

-- warhead properties
    local damage = dps^rarity.value

torpedo.shieldDamage = round(damage * warhead.shield / 100) * 100
    torpedo.hullDamage = round(damage * warhead.hull / 100) * 100
    torpedo.shieldPenetration = false
    torpedo.shieldDeactivation = false
    torpedo.shieldAndHullDamage = true
    torpedo.energyDrain = warhead.energyDrain or false
    torpedo.storageEnergyDrain = (warhead.storageEnergyDrain or 0.0) * tech
    torpedo.damageType = DamageType.Fragments
torpedo.explosionRadius=600
    torpedo.acceleration = 0.5 * torpedo.maxVelocity * torpedo.maxVelocity / 1000 -- reach max velocity after 10km of travelled way

if warhead.damageVelocityFactor then
        -- scale to normal dps damage dependent on maxVelocity
        torpedo.damageVelocityFactor = damage * warhead.hull / torpedo.maxVelocity
        torpedo.maxVelocity = torpedo.maxVelocity * 2.0
        torpedo.hullDamage = 0
    end

-- torpedo visuals
    torpedo.visualSeed = rand:getInt()
    torpedo.stripes = body.stripes
    torpedo.stripeColor = body.color
    torpedo.headColor = warhead.color
    torpedo.prefix = warhead.name
    torpedo.name = "${speed}-Class ${warhead} Torpedo"%_T % {speed = body.name, warhead = warhead.name}
    torpedo.icon = "data/textures/icons/missile-pod.png"

-- impact visuals
    torpedo.numShockwaves = 15
    torpedo.shockwaveSize = 2200
    torpedo.shockwaveDuration = 5
    torpedo.shockwaveColor = ColorRGB(0.1, 0.3, 1.2) -- this looks cool :)
    torpedo.explosionSize = 600
    torpedo.flashSize = 2200
    torpedo.flashDuration = 5

end

return torpedo
end

return TorpedoGenerator

And here are the pics of the torpedo I added.

How to install ? just overwrite the torpedo generator file and don't forget to keep a copy of the original.

To do :

Fine tune the torpedoes and add an effect which look like the type of torpedo

Add AOE damages

Pictures

20180916132805_1.jpg

20180916132811_1.jpg

20180916132811_2.jpg

20180916132812_1.jpg

20180916132813_1.jpg

20180916132815_1.jpg

20180916132817_1.jpg

20180916132818_1.jpg