Torp blueprints.

Torroc

Alright, So i love the idea we can make our own fighters in game on our ships, But what about torps?

I could see a similar system working well with the torps haveing to go and find a torp factory and buy a blueprint for it. anyone else thing this will make torps alittle more useable?

Buyable blueprints might be cool because of torpedo size differences...

I just made my Naddition War Scavenger able to load size-9 torpedoes (which is already huge) to murder enemies that interrupts her salvaging, but there are size-10 and size-10,5 torpedoes for sale in my Xanion Yard :P ! So a lot of the time I load size-2,5 on my size-3,5 launchers on my Naru, and so on~.

I think torpedo shafts needs to be at least a cube of the size, so size-4+ torpedo launchers tend to be enormous, and size-9+ is both almost insane to look at, even mounted in stations or destroyers, and ridiculously space-eating. I'm at the point where 120-size-8-fighter-hangars (12x12x16) are almost smaller than the torpedo shafts (I'm aiming for size-16 :o on my future Xaniongrade Heavy Station, though it'll be unique).

Fortunately it seems the only difference torpedo size does is... range, which is a non-issue as base range goes already further than almost all gun ranges :).

Another cool thing might be torpedo blueprinting on ships themselves, like it's done for fighters.

We also lack torpedo transfer: my Hotaru heavy cargo has torpedo storage at this effect to resupply the odd Irongrade bomber ::).