Saved Game Busted

Dyderich

Trying to load my save game but appears that Avorion is totally busted....cannot get it to work at all.....I can load other games up but as soon as I try my current save it just hangs forever until I terminate the program.  I tried using Steam to fix any corrupted files but nothing seems to work.

Would be really nice to have save files just for this instance.......nothing worse than some stupid crash that totally fucks up the game and after putting in hours upon hours you are stuck having to restart the game totally

Hi Dyderich,

you are playing single-player? Well, I noticed that the 4GB Ram needed for Avorion is a little low. On Debian I was constantly swapping (=using virtual memory on M$-Windows).

There are 2 solutions: Buy more Ram or use another PC as server (well, you could also start playing on a gameserver on the internet, if your connection is good enough).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Boxelware Team

it just hangs forever until I terminate the program.

How long did you wait? Please use the bugtracker to report your issue and attach your logs and mail adress in case we need to get back to you.

Would be really nice to have save files just for this instance

The galaxies are saved in "AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\" on Windows.