[Question/Request] Modding Avorion - Language? Tools? - help

arjmaj

Hi, first I apology for my english, i speak only spanish so i hope anyone can understand me.

I recently discover avorion from youtube. I buy the game just today (waiting the confirmation of the purchase from steam because i don't have a credit card), and have a few questions:

1) ¿What language for programming use  the game? - i struggle trying to find it -

2) ¿Is necesary to use a compiler or just write the code in the notepad and change his extension?

3) As is now, i figure as i keep learning from the game, that if you leave one sector, that sector unloads from the game and no loger work - ¿anyone as a fix to this? - if no - ¿someone had tried to identify the "active player"  and create a block for the game with the same "player" property to avoid the unload of a sector when the "real" player is no longer there? (I been shooting blindfold for this last question - i don't have the game yet to try)

Hi, first I apology for my english, i speak only spanish so i hope anyone can understand me.

I recently discover avorion from youtube. I buy the game just today (waiting the confirmation of the purchase from steam because i don't have a credit card), and have a few questions:

1) ¿What language for programming use  the game? - i struggle trying to find it -

2) ¿Is necesary to use a compiler or just write the code in the notepad and change his extension?

3) As is now, i figure as i keep learning from the game, that if you leave one sector, that sector unloads from the game and no loger work - ¿anyone as a fix to this? - if no - ¿someone had tried to identify the "active player"  and create a block for the game with the same "player" property to avoid the unload of a sector when the "real" player is no longer there? (I been shooting blindfold for this last question - i don't have the game yet to try)

1) LUA (plus an API which is documented in /steam/.../Avorion/documentation/) mainly. See the Avorion/data/ folder for other stuff (sound/graphic/shader...) to modify

2a)  LUA doesn't require a compiler

2b) There is currently no modloader. You will always have to modify existing gamefiles

3) Sectors have 3 states:

[*]Loaded (player inside)

[*]semi-Loaded (no player inside, but player-property inside. Refresh rate is lower than in player sectors)

[*]Unloaded (no player(-property) inside or max. active sectors exceeded)

There is also an API callback telling when a sector gets loaded back in and how long it was unloaded. This helps with eventual catching up.

There is currently no API to force sectors to load