[WIP] Death Star (1:1)

Ghost722nd

Couldn't find a suitable one, so I've started to build it myself.

It's way too huge that it could ever be used in a normal game and costs so much resources/credits that the numbers where pushed over the names of the resources/credits.  Even the amount of crew you need is insane. (The numbers in the crew tab can barely be seen, so small are they!)

The game crashed like 3-4 times during the build/scaling process but after some hours I've brought it to the original scale of 160km diameter.

It's not even finished but I wanted to see if the game could even handle such a monster and was surprised that it could!

While I've took the screenshots there was a merchant jumping in the sector and got trapped inside the Death Star. Poor boy ;D

Scaled Tsunamik's Executor to the original size of 19km length but it looks so tiny next to the Death Star.

B159531B0D7543927E4E82A44589A8344926F79C

The poor merchant jumped in and was trapped next to the unfinished core.

894B1C2FF1A96EF11023CB3725805BEA1A7059AB

The Executor could park in the equator trench.

0EDC6C0438F8ADC04FBBD6BF3C592D1AA760DEEE

The unfinished trench on top.

A5C9F59E2FC957EFCDF1183E75DFA8E5A52BE4FC

Used a 3d model as base which I've converted using Drububu's voxelizer

But had to fix many false calculated blocks but I think that was it worth!  8)

This is fantastic work, Ghost !!  ;D

Detailing it up would be a huge undertaking, but I am sure it will look great in the end.

And yeah,  once you get to a certain level of parts, i am guessing your machine will begin to lag out.  The most I have gotten to is 26000+.

I could not really push past that on my machine, cuz the lagginess was intolerable.

Cheers

The amount of blocks is currently not a problem (45k+) since i've had the head of the statue of liberty converted (which took around half an hour or more, dunno, was cooking in my kitchen in the meantime) which had ~147k! Tried to build the mega maid from spaceballs since the devs put this nice easteregg name "Weltraumputze" in the game and I've thought: "Why not!" ;D

I dont know if its the amout of blocks that will lag you out or the size.....

Whats your pc stats?

AMD Phenom II X4 965 ~3.4 Ghz

Gigabyte 970-DS3P

16 GB DDR3-1600

GTX 1050 Ti

1 TB HDD

Only graphics card and hdd (had a crash) are not older than a year, all other components are going into their 5th year now  ;)

I dont know if its the amout of blocks that will lag you out or the size.....

Whats your pc stats?

AMD Phenom II X4 965 ~3.4 Ghz

Gigabyte 970-DS3P

16 GB DDR3-1600

GTX 1050 Ti

1 TB HDD

Only graphics card and hdd (had a crash) are not older than a year, all other components are going into their 5th year now  ;)

Ok... I think I dont have enough  memory, I5, 8gb only and I have serious difficulty with building some big (+5km)ships and recording.

Ah well, lets see if santa leaves me an extra 8gb under the tree...