Get rid of a faction - never ending faction war

Thorgrimm

Hey everyone,

we settled in a sector and build some stations to get a clue about the economical aspect of the game. Suddenly a faction war started and more or less by mistake (lets call it bloodrush) we joined our home faction. Naturally the other faction started to attack us and especially our stations. The war continues and they spawn more and more ships in the sectors we are sitting in.

Is there any way to end this war? We already lost 2 stations. Does it help to kill all their stations? We cannot find any more, if killing their infrastructure would help we obviously haven't found every of them.

We are on the verge of calling it a loss and travel further. Perhaps you can give some further insight.

Technically it would make sense for faction wars to be scheduled event, that only happen in a single sector for a given faction, and if there's any player in a territory of attacked faction, he receives the message noticing about the attacking fleet moving into a randomly chosen sector. Virtually the attack exists for an hour, and if the sector were not loaded, then the combat never happened. If it were, then the ships spawn as usual. This way the faction war is something that the player can avoid or participate at will, and it is not triggered all over the place by the player, that is just passing trough.

As a little off-topic, I would much prefer for pirates to not attack NPC faction territories. From one point of view, attacking garrisoned sectors is effectively a sure suicide. This is not something you'd expect for pirates to do, but perfectly reasonable for Xsotans, which are not burdened by self-preservation. From another point, having to endure constant attack both from pirates and Xsotans no matter where you are, to the point where you have to use your own ships to protect NPC sectors with no garrison left, is a little annoying.

As a little off-topic, I would much prefer for pirates to not attack NPC faction territories. From one point of view, attacking garrisoned sectors is effectively a sure suicide. This is not something you'd expect for pirates to do, but perfectly reasonable for Xsotans, which are not burdened by self-preservation. From another point, having to endure constant attack both from pirates and Xsotans no matter where you are, to the point where you have to use your own ships to protect NPC sectors with no garrison left, is a little annoying.

I would tend to agree with you in theory; however, Pirates would attempt raids into guarded sectors. Not the straight out attacks that we see right now, but more like the 'wounded ship' event that we sometimes get. They would drop in, attack a freighter or three, (Depending on the military presence) and then jump back out. Hit and run or Guerrilla tactics are very much a Pirate activity. Yes, Xsotan are pretty brainless about their attacks,  I'd like to see in increase in ferocity the longer the player is in system though; First attack is standard three wimpy ships, second attack four or five ships with one larger, heavier armed ship, third attack maybe a battleship or carrier and a couple of cruisers with four or five scouts. Of course, that would be for closer to the core, and not on the fringe when you're too weak to fight them off; of course, you could always run away.

I made peace this way.

1 - Went to enemy faction sector and avoided them, killing pirates and X--

2- When I could trade, I did.

3 - After making peace, I stay out of the war and collect cargo which I clean up at a Smuggler's Hideout

(Be sure to get the best cargo license for each faction)

I get millions in 'found' cargo....  ;D