Sector loading glitch?

DM_Dragon

hello all, so I've got this problem that happens from every so often to some sector in a row. I'll jump into a sector and I'll get a frozen image of my ship and after a few seconds my screen will flash white then black then another frozen image of my ship just in a different orientation. This will last from 5 seconds to a few minutes and when it image catches up everything jumps around for a split second. Funny part is that the whole game isn't freezing just my screen, I've figured this out by jumping into a yellow blip sector and finding out its a heavily populated pirate sector. Every time I get the frozen image the audio comes through and a chunk of my shields and health are gone, when the image catches up I've only get about 15% hull left and loose a rather expensive ship. I don't think it's my computer, it being a $1,500 gaming rig that plays WoW, EVE, and PS2 on farley high settings. I have all the setting turned down on Avorion. Hope this a a common enough issue to have a know fix thanks everyone.

Hi,

I don't think it's my computer,...

I'm sorry to say it, but I think it is your computer.

Avorion is not just one program, it has a server and a client (the server runs in the background on your computer during single-player games). The client is what you can see of Avorion.

Now in single-player games Avorion needs a lot of Ram, both parts (server and client) need to run on high priority, and depending on your OS and other software, there could be some funny-stuff running in the background. An Internet Security Software could do behavior analysis on these (relatively) unknown software, windows could be installing upgrades,...

Well, the easiest test would be playing on a dedicated server, one on the internet or one running on older hardware. It's enough to use an Athlon AM1 5350 with 4gb ram and Debian linux without desktop environment for the server. The same machine with desktop environment and 8gb ram is running Avorion in single-player mode just fine by the way.

Set any Antivirus to gaming-mode, silent-mode, "don't annoy me mode" (or whatever it offers) to reduce its' systemload, too, and you should find the cause for your problems.

here's my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz [3.7GHz Turbo] Quad-Core 16MB L3 Cache 65W Processor

HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock X370 Killer SLI AM4 ATX w/ RGB, Intel LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB GDDR5 Video Card

I'll see about prioritizing stuff thanks