Friend/Foe-Detection for (some) weapons?

unbekannt1984

Suggestion

Hi,

what would you think about a friend/foe-detection for some weapons? Well, I thought about Rocket-Launchers, it would be nice, if a Rocket that is about to hit an allied-faction ship/station would think about self-destruction...

I can't think about other weapons then rockets and maybe torpedoes, that could use a mechanic like this...

4 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

That would be funny :D The first step to a self-thinking AI.

I don't think that we would ever implement something like this, though. Friendly fire isn't a side-effect, it was actually planned to be in the game.

I don't think that we would ever implement something like this, though. Friendly fire isn't a side-effect, it was actually planned to be in the game.

Kind of my thought too - hard-coding trigger discipline is boring.  If you don't want to accidentally shoot friendlies, then make sure they aren't in the line of fire.

Hi,

Kind of my thought too - hard-coding trigger discipline is boring.  If you don't want to accidentally shoot friendlies, then make sure they aren't in the line of fire.

could you tell that my AI-captains and auto-turrets, too?

Friendly fire isn't a side-effect, it was actually planned to be in the game.

Yes, I don't want that feature on Plasma-Turrets or Chainguns... But Rockets (especially Seeker-Rockets) should behave a little bit different :)