Anti-fighter Turrets

BenWinston

Suggestion

FLAK or Anti-Fighter Turrets are a great idea, and cool as hell to see firing, but really, they're about worthless. Fighters, even the shortest ranged ones, can engage targets from at least four or five klicks away. These turrets only have a about a half klick range.

To make them useful, perhaps you can extend the range out to say ten klicks, but only let them fire on fighters only.

I agree that FLAK cannons are and should be a short ranged weapon, however, we are talking about space here; no fighter in it's right mind will ever get close enough to it's target for the FLAK system to be a threat.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

2 answers to this suggestion

FLAK or Anti-Fighter Turrets are a great idea, and cool as hell to see firing, but really, they're about worthless. Fighters, even the shortest ranged ones, can engage targets from at least four or five klicks away. These turrets only have a about a half klick range.

To make them useful, perhaps you can extend the range out to say ten klicks, but only let them fire on fighters only.

I agree that FLAK cannons are and should be a short ranged weapon, however, we are talking about space here; no fighter in it's right mind will ever get close enough to it's target for the FLAK system to be a threat.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Fighters always enter the Flak range during their approach. They also stay in that range for the most time, because there's no algorithm for them to fall back to their maximum range. Ten clicks is a bit of an overkill either way.

Fighters always enter the Flak range during their approach. They also stay in that range for the most time, because there's no algorithm for them to fall back to their maximum range. Ten clicks is a bit of an overkill either way.

Really? Kinda weird, but I've only seen my fighters that close. Maybe I'm just missing it. I'll keep watching and looking. Sorry 'bout that, and thanks for the correction!