Faction gameplay

Ubus99

Suggestion

at the moment we can found alliances, but contrary to the in-game wiki they aren't full fledged factions.

How about:

• enabling alliances to build any kind of station and portal, and instead reduce the amount of portals in the galaxy.
  • Allow them to tax players and form a simplistic government.
  • Add humans as a resource to produce and “sell” as crew on stations.
  • Add a bargaining system

that would make the game a lot more interesting, and could potentially build an immersive economy.

i know this will be a pain to implement, but i think many players will like it.

1 answer to this suggestion

While I like the idea of making alliances more like real factions (see my other threads), the crew as a good thing seems interesting, but I don‘t think it would fit the game, since crew transport have been introduced to get rid of the exact problem that you dont have enough to fill your ships and stations...

Also the economy needs to be scaled down in general, a new good would only make sense if it would really add some kind of mechanic to the game (yes, people as a ressource would do that in fact), but a simplification like DivineEvil and other guys suggest is more important at the moment...

I would like alliances to be treated like factions, with the capabillity to own territory and also the pros and cons of diplomacy (trading with other factions; getting attacked by factions fleets like in a faction war, not by boring bounty hunters)