Custom quest- and storylines and player made beacons

Sir Charles

Suggestion

Hey,

wouldn‘t it be cool if the game had some mechanic that would allow players to create stories in creative mode, that could be uploaded into the workshop and being downloaded by other players in some kind of modular way (so you can implement them in your galaxies and wait for them to randomly appear). This would ofc require some mechanic where the creators of quests would be enabled to set basic event chains and conditions, like when the quest should start, the text off dialogues or the spawn of ships.

The open world of the game is great, the main storyline is interesting (but lacks content at the moment), with player made quests, the game could be extended by rpg-like elements at will, which I think many people would like.

A second suggestion that would also be useful for the creations of custom story is the abillity to set up beacons in space for players. They could be bought at equipment docks like energy suppressors and when they are set up the message would be inserted by the player, while this won‘t be very interesting in singleplayer, it would open up great possibilities in multiplayer...

3 answers to this suggestion

Nice idea, but it would need a huge amount of UI work, though the architecture is already ready (one can make new quests by modding). Maybe once the basic functionalities'll be finished :D. Oh, it may even be an idea for a (large-scale) mod !

Mods are always nice, but I would love this to be a vanilla feature because of the fast and easy workshop compatibility that should offer.

I don’t care if it cannot be implemented in the game directly, but I would love to have quests opened up to players and being easy to create. ;)

This suggestion totally reminds me of when the first editor released for Lucas Arts X-Wing where you could make custom scenarios where you could make missions like protect the hauling convoy, assault imperial FOB's and you could customize NPC spawn conditions. This would be an awesome feature!