New weapon suggestion.

Cirind

Suggestion

Well I was watching Kickstarter Avorion trailer. And I saw thouse nice rapid fire burst lasers. So well... I wanted to suggest new weapons system. "Pulse lasers". Well it's all. Let me know what do you think about idea and wish you Merry Christmas and happy new year! o7

4 answers to this suggestion

Ah ! I think those in the trailer are Railguns :D !

But a cannon version of the laser (or, at the opposite, some sort of energy chaingun (a la Total Annihilation ;D ?)) would be nice.

Those Pulse Cannons make adorable "pew" sounds too :).

I think the pulse cannons that are in the game already should be reworked, since they are really useless at the moment...

Though a new animation  and mabye different mechanics for coaxial lasers would be quite cool to make them more like some BEAM CANNONS ^^

Coaxial Lasers should have a short charge time and a very high Energy comsumption, their range and damage should get an extreme buff. I dont know if that is just my Problem, but i dont use lasers at all at them moment, so making their coaxial variant feel really powerfull (like a death star laser ^^) would surely be motivating ;)

I'm down for pulse lasers!!! Especially for PD Lasers. I think in general lasers and teslas should get some sound files for them as well.  Missile turrets and cannon turrets projectiles should travel a lot faster as well imo.

More ideas for weapons could be:

Plasma stream thrower

- Fires a stream of plasma in a 1 to 2 second burst at high velocity with medium-long reload time

- Appears like a laser beam when firing, but has very fast projectile travel time

- Great at melting off armor blocks and bonus shield damage

- Large Caliper with long range

Kinetic Piledriver Cannon

- Works similar to a cannon, but deals less damage and high projectile velocity/very low rate of fire

- Highly kinetic impact can alter the target ship's alignment as the reactive force generates enough energy to move the ship (dependant on Mass)

- Smaller ships hit by this weapon tend to spin wildly out of control until stableized and can hit asteroids if in an asteroid belt.

- Large Caliper, long range

An alternative to pulse cannon - Nanite Cannon

- Basically the exact same as pulse cannons, but give them a damage over time effect and duration

- No damage to shields, high chance to penetrate shields

- Low damage overall, but damage over time from continuous fire will eat away at the ships hull.

- Small caliper with medium range