The game should have an ingame Wiki (I can help if you need me!)

Sir Charles

Suggestion

Hey guys,

some days ago i was gathering components for Bottan. While i am complaining about the current economy System everywhere and everytime i can,

i thought that it would be actually also quite nice, to have a wiki integrated into the game, that would unlock Information about factions (expecially the Xsotan or the Haati; it would update in the later story Progress...), ships (or rather ship types like persecutors etc.) and stations when the player encounters them or mabye only when he gets in scan range (5km I think). In that Wiki you could for example look for cerain components you are searching for, and in the best case the wiki page would even show you right away which places you know where you could get them.

I am aware of the fact, that there is a wiki for the game, but what i want to get is one that is much more integrated in the game itself and grants some Kind of "unlocking feature".

I am not a programmer, but I dont imagine the implementation of this to be a big effort. I understand tho that writing the texts would be a very time consuming task and that is why i want to offer my help with that. i can write texts in German and English and I will do it for such a Wiki if you ask me. So please Devs consider the implementation of this!

Mabye if the effort is to high, only an english Wiki could be provided...

4 answers to this suggestion

Another thought on the language: The basic Wiki provided by the game could be english only, but the text could be public and opened up (with Steam Workshop support) so someone who wants to could translate it and upload his version into the steam workshop for everybody over time...

But of course it could also just be handled as any other text is with the current community localisation.

Very nice idea, especially with the goods' "where to buy and sell" info. The economical tree is a bit more complicated than X2's and it can be daunting for new players to acclimatize into it :-\.

The public text would allow someone to add into the good page a simplified view of the production chain needed to make it :) !

Also, things like "beware the AI" popping in the Naonite page and "maybe destroying the M.A.D. satellites could be interesting... for SCIENCE!" in the Xanion one (not everyone is that interested in rare generator upgrade modules, especially if the player has dozens of stations and millions of credits to buy those modules from hapless Equipment Docks with ::)).

However, it would need a wiki-like server and backup system to be in place to avoid vandals and excessive spoilers.

However, it would need a wiki-like server and backup system to be in place to avoid vandals and excessive spoilers.

I don't really get this, but I don't know much of game architecture as well... Couldn't the Wiki just be saved with the player profile or mabye even in the game files itself (things you found out in one of your galaxies would be aviable in others as well then, ofc the information on where to find stuff and things like that would need to be grabbed from the actual galaxy.

Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn' that be possible?

+1

I'd find it really helpful for the goods and trading as well, as I am always alt tabbing when trading to look at goods ect.  I could see it being a valuable quality of life feature, even though not neccessary.