Never Mind, it already exists! [Configurable speed?]

Sir Charles

Suggestion

Hi everyone,

when I took a look at the bar that displays your speed for the first time, I thought "oh, you regulate your speed just like in X3" and when I found out that the controls were much more arcade like, I was actually happy; it just feels better...

Still, I would like to have more options than "full thrust", "no thrust" or boost when it comes to maneuvering my ships (e. g. for docking or flying in formation in multiplayer cause it looks cool)

I would like the general steering mechanic to stay as it is, but some kind of advanced controling, that would either work with different keys or could be toggled on and off would make flying more interesting (to me at least).

I am sure this has been adressed before, but I couldn't find a search function in the forums and was unable to find a topic with this myself; feel free to leave me a link if there are some interesting ideas there! :)

2 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

If you switch your steering with F2 is that more to your liking? You can then regulate your speed with 'x', 'c' and 'v' where 'v' is all or nothing, and 'x' and 'c' allow for more detailed speeds.