How big do turrets get?

SneakyTacts

I'm only in the Xanion/Trinium zone, so I haven't seen how big turrets get, yet. I'm building modular ship parts (like user TESL4's parts) but I'm not sure how big my turret points should be. I've seen size 6 turrets in the workshop. Are those common? What's the usual size during your late game times? What about for railgun and cannon turrets?

I've seen size 3.5 turrets during my very quick forays into the Ogonite Sphere in Medium and Easy Difficulty. I reckon turrets hit the maximum of 5 (and coax may go even higher) up the Avorion Hill and at higher difficulties, though such turrets may be unusual and limited to railguns, cannons and other weapon types hardcoded as "big".

Though I'd really like that players would have the ability to build turrets the size they want at turret factories.

Size 5 is the biggest I've seen so far in the beta branch.  tech level 48 is the highest I've seen out of factories so far, but that's NPC factories.  Planning on dropping a factory/research station combo right next to 0,0 next time I get around to playing so maybe that will change?  Maybe not.