Out of sector mining

enthnal

So I'm the Iron ring still goofing off with ship designs. I keep finding that the 3 mining ships i have in different sectors start mining aggressively when i load into their sector and set them to mine. After about 20-30 minutes of me not in that sector, the mining seems to go down to a trickle. Once I load back in the sector again, set their task to mining and the cycle repeats.

This is the first time I've played Avorion with the out of sector loading so I'm not sure if this is a bug or not? Just as a reference I'm playing single player and not on a dedicated server.

Hi,

the tickrate of weak loaded sectors is reduced, this means that the miners in other sectors may produce less materials (Well, they should work slowly) for you.

It might work better, if you put all miners in one sector, get all materials from there and move on. It is simply less data (3 sectors vs. 1) to keep around.

And if you are traveling around or have ships in other sectors, too, nobody can tell you exactly which sectors are kept alive (or weak loaded).

How is the breaking speed on your mining ship?

I had this same problem before where I had a ship with decent forward thrust (about 100m/s) and good turning speed in all directions but terrible break speed (about 4m/s). The ship would mine when I was in sector but as soon as I left it would do nothing. I was really frustrated until I tried using the ship my self and wanted to be able to reverse. I whacked up the breaking speed to 50m/s did some mining and then when I was done gave the ship a mine order just for the hell of it, low and behold it kept mining when I was out of sector.

I think that maybe out of sector mining uses break speed as part of a calculation for travel time between asteroids or some other action.

• Boxelware Team

Even though tick rates are reduced, mining lasers still fire in the same patterns as they did before, so your yield per minute should not vary.

We've run quite some simulations now and cannot reproduce the problem that they stop mining. We've tried both simple miners with normal mining lasers as well as carriers that mine with nothing but fighters. In both cases, these ships ran perfectly fine over long periods of time, until all resources of the sector were exhausted.

We did note that there were some discrepancies in income though, and those should be fixed in the next patch.