Possible End Game content and easier PvP

Sir Charles

Suggestion

Hey there,

just another inspiration for the devs I want to throw in here:

Once you defeat the guardian, the game becomes a little... ...empty? I guess that word fits it best. I would love to see some "end game" mechanics in the future, that gives you something to do after beating the boss (I know the roadmap and the idea of legendary bosses, but I am thinking of something that will allow you to play about forever if you want to).

This is somewhat inspired by Diablo and other games that have a system of 'rifts' or other stuff that gives you a challenge after finishing the game.

My idea:

After killing the guardian, new quests become aviable, that give you sectors where e. g. an ivasion of aliens from the xsotan galaxy is taking place (This would require the 'The xsotan were just fleeing from a greater thread' storyline, but there are other story options that would suit this as well).

E. g. when you enter the sector a wormhole opens an very strong ships appear (mabye you can set a 'thread level' when accepting the quest). By that i mean something like 'a big fleet of unknown ships has appeared', but with the smallest of them being guardian level (for example).

Also special envoironmental conditions like dense fog or mine fields (I know those are planned from the roadmap) would be nice.

But this is up the devs in the end, now the more important part: Rewards.

I would like to see something like a gamble system, where you set a specific amount e. g. of ressources which you loose when you loose but get back multiplied when being succesfull.

Or you could set a piece of gear, that would be rerolled after the mission is completed, with a chance of being enhanced even more than the normal limits set by the game.

Or you could upgrade the rarity of a turret, with a guaranteed increase of stats...

There are many options aviable, in the end all that matters is that we get something to do in the end game phase of the game, but without completely destoying the balance in multiplayer.

The second part of the suggestion is about PvP. It would be nice if there was some kind of "Arena mode" where players can search for a "match". I imagine some kind of station that has for example a special gate next to it, where you can 'register'. When people find each other, they can fly through the special gate or do something else and fight against each other in a specific "Arena sector" (Mabye there could be special envoironmental conditions there as well?), where they fight each other. This sector would of course need to be protected from other players or simply be newly generated for the fight and deleted afterwards.

When using this arena system, none of the players should loose their ship nor items, and mabye there should even be the option to 'clone' your opponents ship to make it balanced even for early game players that just want to have some fun.

In my imagination, these arena fights would be purely for playfun and offer no reward, if they would tho, I would recommend something purely cosmetic like new colours for the winner.

Another, not as 'pretty' option to switch to the PvP sector would be its creation outside of the galxaxy and a cloned ship in there, so the players can switch to the sector and battle there.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet