Ability to turn off thruster plumes in graphics

Guest CzigBot

Suggestion

6 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

Oh. Yeah I can understand. In the meantime: There are a few ways you can fix this. You could build smaller thrusters producing smaller flames (The way they work now they might even work better when you build multiple. I know that doesn't make sense, and we'll change it). Or you could build other blocks over them. They will still work fine, which is actually intentional, for this exact reason.

Guest CzigBot

The reason you need so many thrusters with bigger ships is because volume increases faster than surface area, so eventually you're left with a ship that has a lot of heavy stuff inside of it and the outside space is mostly made of thrusters by necessity.

Why not letting us rotate engines too, at least front/rear if not all 6 directions.

This is just my opinon, but I like that you can only build thrusters on one side, changing that would result in more balance difficulties and probably more ugly ships with engines all over the place.

This is just my opinon, but I like that you can only build thrusters on one side, changing that would result in more balance difficulties and probably more ugly ships with engines all over the place.

It's also more in line with real rockets/space ships, where you have main engines for acceleration and reaction control system thrusters for rotation control. Added bonus in the game is the break thrust of the thrusters, so that you don't necessarily have to 180° turn every time to reduce the speed.