NPC Faction growth and ship respawner

Coyote

Suggestion

As I've been progressing in the game and discovering this potential gem of a game I came across the whole privateer element of the game where you can wage war on other factions and steal all their cargo.

This however brings me to a point that I think severely lacks in this game and that's that the factions don't really do anything passed like maybe mid game.

I think factions that could be able to grow and expand would make faction wars that much more meaningful, otherwise they can wage war but what is the real point given that they can only really lose ships or systems.

I've also seen quite a bit of conflicting posts and youtube videos about NPC faction ship respawns. Not allowing ships to build more warships and hauler would limit the potential for privateering quit a bit. There is nothing worse that finding a really good spot to kill haulers to only realize they won't ever be spawning back if you kill them.

As a last note on the factions the new economy update is awesome and has really given quite a bit of depth to the game for me with the ability to build infrastructure that is actually profitable but I'd really like to be able to make haulers that can transport goods from one system to an other. The Cargo fighters are really imo but you just need that extra little humph that would be cross system trading.

1 answer to this suggestion

I am totally in for a more alive galaxy. Something like this has been suggested several times by many people, including myself.

The devs even stated that they know about the issue and are already working of something to make it better, but I would not expect changes in the closer future because the game has more urgent issues...

Stay tuned! :)