Planetary Implications

Bargo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suggestion

i know this idea is a bit far fetched but not impossible to put in,  so planets are put in right?,  each faction has a 50% chance of having only 1 home planet in the home secter and the other 50% is colonizable /unrecognizable planets generated, each planet is different with different resources obviously, and the only way you can unlock colonizers crew along with colonizing ability would to be in a faction of your own or in someone else's, to prevent individual resource pull.    along with all that the planets would have stages and resource bonus's or a buff that you unlock at each stage till you get to the last stage resulting in max resource pull and a possible  space elevator, with a trade hub at the top for ships to come and go from.

good? bad?

2 answers to this suggestion

Hey and welcome to the forums!

Keep in mind that Avorion is a space game and has been in developement for years already, but is not yet bug free.

The problem with planets is that they will, dependant on the way they are implemented, take many of the developers efforts and will problably still not be very statisfying.

I would like to have them as well as you and many other players, but I dont want the game to suffer from their addition. Thats why the concept has to be well thought about (and the devs themselves stated that they are not sure whether they want to implement them or not). As you already pointed out, planets could come in with lots of cool features. If you are interested in my own ideas, take a look here:

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,5572.0.html

In my opinion planets shouldn't be explorable, we don't need an ability to walk on them e.t.c.

However it would be nice if planets (and also sun / other sector visual parameters) could affect sector stats - bright stars could increase energy production for all ships in sector, black holes would increase hyperspace recharge time, some planets would produce events / quests e.t.c

And for the sense of immersion, planets could have random generated stats:  name, faction (if they're habitable) e.t.c