Relations

EVWeb

Suggestion

After playing the game for a bit, I was struck by how disproportionate the punishments are compared to the rewards, which makes playing around any AI factions feel like a chore and more like I should just purge the galaxy to get rid of all these complete jerks who go from admired to completely abhorrent after one misfire.

Current Ways to improve relations:

- Invasion Event (either side) seems to be the fastest way to improve relations

- Killing enemy ships in sight of allies SOMETIMES gives positive relations (cause you know, they don't care about that one faction killing their guys, but if you hit them, they really hate you)

- Missions

Current Ways to instantly have your relations die in a gutter

- Relations tab

- Accidentally hit a civvy ship where they can see it, even enemy civvy ships that they themselves are attacking

- Accidentally hit one of their ships in a battle where you're trying to help them out and they moved in between me and the enemy

- Have even a single piece of cargo you don't have a license for (with an insane 349854734987435893457 fine)

- Breath/Exist (literally my friend jumped into a system he was neutral with, and before he did anything, they were abhorrent)

Possible fixes:

Equal and opposite relations only, if I do something to enemy x, I get the equal and opposite positive relation to ally y

Enemy civvy ships are still enemies

Make the scale less insane, I should never be able to go from Admired to Abhorrent in 2 seconds from a single misfire, while taking 4 hours to recover (if I'm lucky)

No per hit status change (Temporarily mad and attack? Yes.  Actual status change? No)

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet