Please can we get a dev mode option to change reputation

deredere

• Boxelware Team

Please understand that we can not do anything with this information. Please describe exactly what happened to make sure we can reproduce it. Not a single thing of the behavior of the game you mentioned should be possible. What branch are you on? Have you read the pinned posts on how to report a bug?

Thank you for the response, and I do understand that this is not much in the way of a bug report. I will attempt to make a real one after this.

The possibility that I'm mistaken and that there was some hostile something I didn't see directly behind the ally ship(s), for the 20 or 30 seconds it took that squadron to get me from ally to war, is there.

There's also the possibility that I had a mod or unusual setting that produced this behavior.  All I have is UI changes and extended scrapyard times, but it's not impossible.

But I just don't have confidence that there will never be a time in the future where I won't want to punch a baby because of unfair reputation changes, especially now that it's impossible to sell naonite or asteroids to get back to admired.

• Boxelware Team

We still need a lot more info since it should not be possible to get from allies to war with a single ship destruction. You must destroy at least 4 or 5 ships iirc. Also if you did not explicitly order your fighters to attack the ship, the reputation should not have dropped. We changed this behavior explicitly in this patch. Without any way to reproduce the error, there is no way to confirm that it's actually a game bug.

Edit: I'd also like to add that you can negotiate a ceasefire with the problematic faction and that you can pay tribute to improve your relations.