Player deployable beacons

bjazmoore

Suggestion

I find that i lose things in space really easy.  Great wrecks and other interesting things that I can never find again.  It is frustrating.  I would love to be able to deploy my own beacons that I could later locate and navigate to.

Thanks

5 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

While we don't have beacons like that, you could always add a note on the map. With the search bar at the top left you can then search for key words in your notes. It's not exactly what you want, but it should do the trick ;)

While we don't have beacons like that, you could always add a note on the map. With the search bar at the top left you can then search for key words in your notes. It's not exactly what you want, but it should do the trick ;)

I think bjazmoore was talking about in-system, not the galaxy map. Certainly found myself in a similar situation every now and then (like finding something nice and being interrupted by a Pirate or Xsotan attack, and subsequently being unable to find that something again).

Or is there alrady a feature that allows us to place in-system notes via the RTS map?

Ah, I see. No there's no such thing yet. Would you need to mark all kinds of objects, or is it more certain specific ones?

Asteroids and wreckages come to mind, though marking specific coordinates within a sector could be useful as well. If a player decides on a particular location for building a station later on, for instance.

In any case, thanks a lot for considering it! :)