Move ship to coords - Stuck in jammer field

RosyUnicorn

Title sais it all boys n' girls! I'm stuck with a expensive ship, with precious cargo in a jammer field. I've read that it's to be removed. Up until that time, is there a way to move my ship to some different coordinates? Server commands, edit the text in a file, anything goes!

EDIT: I still want the initial question answered. I ended up building a ram to try to remove the jammer, instead I died whilst it remained unharmed. Like, it didn't even scratch the paint. So yeah, lesson learned. Ramming does not work.

Guest CzigBot

I got stuck in this situation once, I waited for the subspace signal event to spawn aliens and they destroyed the pirates for me.

Hi all! I made my way to this forum after i encountered a jammer for the first time. My encounter wasn't as simple as 'just destroy the jammer'. I went through a wormhole that didn't have a gate waiting for me. So i hyper one sector over which had the closest mass signature. It was a factions base which didn't have a connecting gate.  This faction 'hated' me for what ever reason(i never saw their name mentioned on the other side of the galaxy) Now i can likely kill the 8 ships in the sector but then there is factories, salesmen, etc. How do i know who has the jammer?

To be honest i would like to avoid killing them as i don't know how far their territory goes. Can i just wait for pirates+xsotan to invade and try to kill them while avoiding the pursuing faction?(to eventually get in good with them so they will release the jam)

@Dinosawer, i saw you wrote a mod to avoid the jam. Is your fix the only solution at this point? You said it was an easy fix, ya? How long has the dev been talking about getting rid of this quirk? November?

Anyhu, its a fantastic game and i don't want my first post to be a rant.  8) I have made a couple bug reports so far but this just seems like an unfinished (and interesting)aspect of the game.

Edit: Dino your mod worked great! Thank you!

Well, my mod was a hotfix, and quite literally just removed the part of the code that says "block hyperspace", while koonshi was working on a proper fix (making the blocking distance-based so you get blocked but can run) ;)

Glad it helped you though :D