Reconstruction token. Price exploit an bug?

xisec

THE EXPLOIT.

Well, I have just started a game with newest features, but it seems that reconstruction tokens have an obvious exploit:

• You can use a low price design to buy a reconstruction token, and then apply your main ship design.

For example, you can use a low price design to buy a reconstruction token (for example, for 1000 credits), and then evolve the ship applying your main design (for example, with a price of 50k credits). If you are destroyed, your 50k ship is restored.

I wonder for a solution...

Maybe,  if a ship with a bought token increases in a certain %, the price that the ship had when the token was bougth (30%, for example), the token may be invalidated. Maybe with a message like:

Your ship has increased its token value too much. The reconstruction token must be updated. 

If it a ship with a invalidated token is destroyed, it can't be reconstructed, and the token price is returned.

Free tokens (those that are gift at lower difficulties when a ship is found, and so on) are special, because they are not affected by the exploit, so they would not  be affected with this mechanic.

THE PRICE

Also, I have noticed that the token price is  usually higher than the ~30%. In fact, it is more often  ~60%.

Do you have noticed any reason? May be a bug?

• 3 months later...

the easiest fix for this would be a rise in credit cost for all building components on ships that have a reconstruction token that makes up for the cost to buy one for the now larger ship...

But if the devs  do not intend to change it, it has to be considered a feature i guess ^^