XOSTAN BROKEN

johnny21121

so. in my own sector the XOSTAN attack, that's allll fine and dandy, BUT sometimes they only ! attack ! traders in my sector and not my ships NOR my station, AND because of that my ships or station don't fight back. this is obvuisaly broken.

if someone is attacking traders in MY sector should they be auto enemys. pain in the ass when your in the middle of a build and you have to switch to another ships to make sure your sector isn't being turned into a warzone depleting all your traders..

#brokern !

• 1 month later...

"Attack Enemies" - but Xsotan are only enemies if you fire your weapons.

Arguably this is a problem with any faction that attacks factions friendly to you.

I could imagine a 'sector owner' configuration:

- Aggro any non-friendly military ships (with a setting for friendly reputation level)

- Aggro any non-friendly military ships that fire weapons (similar to the Xsotan themselves)

- Aggro any attacks against ships that are (docked/going to dock) with me.

I find that placing long range point defense on your station helps:

- The point defense fires on any torpedo...

-  and then Xsotan aggro you...

- Then your main guns attack.

I find that placing long range point defense on your station helps:

- The point defense fires on any torpedo...

-  and then Xsotan aggro you...

- Then your main guns attack.

Very nice „workaround“!

You really thought „out of the box“ here :)

Pretty sure I will use that

Could you also potentially get a single turret in its own turret group on your station set to attack target on an asteroid farther than its max range so it is always shooting? 

Edit:  Haven't tried this but can you declare war on the Xsotan so they are always shoot on site?

• 4 weeks later...

Edit:  Haven't tried this but can you declare war on the Xsotan so they are always shoot on site?

There is the option in diplomacy, so that could probably work.  Was thinking of this same thing as I was reading the thread.  I'm surprised, though, that after having killed several of their ships, my rep with them is still 0. :/