Intelligent Energy Management

Sir Charles

Suggestion

Have any of you guys really done something with the energy menu? Because the only thing i have done is turn everything off so my hyperspace recovery time goes down when i am lacking energy on a small ship in early game.

Later on, there is really no point in taking a look as you will never run out of energy. My ships from Trinium stage tend to not even reach battery discharge while boosting because they have A LOT of generators and therefore no energy problems at all.

So here is my suggestion:

Rework the energy menu to a point where we can actually change the behavior of our ship. I imagine something like a two-dimensional slider to balance energy between different ship-systems like engines, shields and integrity, weaponry.

I have drawn and attached a little picture of how i would imagine this to look like (for example). This would allow for a real choice and make the gameplay even deeper. ;)

6 answers to this suggestion

I totally understand it.

The energy consumption in the early to midgame is a bit off.

I can clearly remember me disabling every system just that the hyperdrive reloads faster.

Warping in a system full of pirates -> hastily  re-enabling everything just to stay alive

Going to every equip dock just to find a generator module to easy the pain ...

I can clearly remember me disabling every system just that the hyperdrive reloads faster.

Warping in a system full of pirates -> hastily  re-enabling everything just to stay alive

Going to every equip dock just to find a generator module to easy the pain ...

So true  ;D