Write-through logging, ability to relocate logs

ChronosWS

Suggestion

I would like server logs to be available live, rather than (apparently) buffered and written upon either exit or the filling of the buffer.  My log distribution utility (AWS CloudWatch) will nicely grab logs but as the server only writes them when its buffer gets full, I don't even see logs from a server which just started until that threshold has been reached, and when diagnosing certain issues in realtime, being able to review the logs in realtime without cycling the server would be nice.  An option to enable writethrough for the logs would be much appreciated!

Additionally I would like to be able to relocate where the logs live - rather than being in my galaxy directory, I'd prefer to move them to something like /var/log with the rest of the log files on my servers so I can centralize my log handling.  An option to change the directory where logs are stored would be nice.  Additional log configuration (like log file naming) would also be appreciated (i'd like to get rid of the spaces and change the date format.)

Much appreciated!

1 answer to this suggestion