Sell Goods Command with AI Ship

blingcasper

Any any one had any luck with an commanding a AI ship to travel to a sector and sell goods, then repeat process?

my cargo ship will make the trips no problem, will trade with my Mine collect goods and travel to designated sector but will just sit in the middle of the sector and not trade. just sit there. not sure whats going on.

just curious if this is a known bug.

small update, so cargo ship i have as a total of 4275 space. and has that same amount of ore. i just testing modifying the amount i wanted him to sell and i put a lower amount of 4000. and he just began to fly to the steel factory to sell the ore.

not completely sure whats the issue with the max amount not registering with the  AI.

• 2 weeks later...

When you create the sell order, were you putting "4000" into the input box, or "0"?

I ask because the field is how many to keep on your ship after selling and not how many to sell.  It tripped me up the first time I tried to do a remote sell as I just assumed it was how many to sell and skimmed the description.  And I got the basic behavior you described from misunderstanding how the  input field is used.  I wanted it to sell the 200 items but I really told it to sell until it had 200 items in cargo, so nothing was sold after jumping into the system.

I can confirm this bug  as well.

There is a workaround for this: You just have to make sure that the buy/sell command is *not* the last order in the queue. Just enchain command the ship to Jump into the destination sector and it will temporarily fix this.

However, this only applies to certain commodities. So far, I discovered that this will not work on Energy Cells, Electro Magnets, and Force Generators. I'm currently writing a bug report on the forum as I speak.