Isolate selection in build mode

Glockshna

Suggestion

Simple suggestion, I'd like the ability to isolate the selected blocks.

E.G. I box select a section of the ship I want to work on and press a Hotkey or go through the View window to hide all geometry that isn't selected. This would be nice for several reasons.

Number one: When working on large ships the editor can struggle to 'rebuild' the geometry. Hiding a large portion of the ship I'm working on may help with this.

Number Two: Working in tight spaces.

2 answers to this suggestion

When working on large ships the editor can struggle to 'rebuild' the geometry. Hiding a large portion of the ship I'm working on may help with this.

I’m not sure it’ll help with that part. If you’ll notice, even when you have it set to show only one block type it can still struggle, even if there are only a couple blocks of that type.

Interestingly, it seems to have no trouble with it when you first enter the builder and it hasn’t finished rendering light and shadows. It’s after it has finished this that it starts giving you those long wait times while it rebuilds and red outlines where you deleted blocks remain.

When working on large ships the editor can struggle to 'rebuild' the geometry. Hiding a large portion of the ship I'm working on may help with this.

I’m not sure it’ll help with that part. If you’ll notice, even when you have it set to show only one block type it can still struggle, even if there are only a couple blocks of that type.

Interestingly, it seems to have no trouble with it when you first enter the builder and it hasn’t finished rendering light and shadows. It’s after it has finished this that it starts giving you those long wait times while it rebuilds and red outlines where you deleted blocks remain.

True, it may require a bit more work but this feature should be a bit more than just the "show blocks of type" functionality. Rather than just ghosting them, that geometry should be fully hidden and not calculated until unhidden.