Buy/Sell Suggestion: Option to make ship only visit each station once

Zerinity

Suggestion

As title said, I would like an option when making buying or selling command to restrict the ship to only visit each eligible station in the sector once per command. I have ran into issues where if the buy/sell is not completely fulfilled, the ship just stays in the sector and waits for the stations to produce/consume. and then buy/sell more goods, until the command is fulfilled. Some people like this, so that their trade ships can wait for the best price for high profit margin. But this is undesirable when I'm trying to setup logistics between my own stations.  Using one ship per good is often overkill, and runs up on captain salary. And with the way current buy/sell works, if I use a single ship to run multiple supply lines, the ship can get stuck on one supply line waiting to complete the buy/sell while the other supply line starves in the meantime. 

And here's an example of how I picture the Visit Each Station Once option works: I set my ship to buy 3000 units of steel and 2000 units of aluminum in sector A, then sell until 0 in sector B,  and sell until 0 in sector C, with the option checked. Ship jumps to sector A, there are 3 steel factories. ship is able to buy 1000 steel from factory A1, 400 from factory A2, and 600 from factory A3. At this point, ship only fulfilled 2000 steel of the 3000 order. But because the ship already visited all 3 factories in the sector, they ship completes command and then buy aluminum. There is only 1 aluminum mine in the sector, and ship is able to buy 2000 aluminum, completing the order, and ship jumps to sector B. In sector B, there are 2 factories consuming steel, the ship is able to sell 800 steel to factory B1, and 300 steel to factory B2. Having visited all the steel consuming factories, order is complete, despite having 900 steel left. The ship then sells aluminum in the sector. And so on.. you get the idea.. lets say after the ship visited all aluminum consumers once, and still have 400 aluminum left, the ship then jumps to C, and do the same with remaining 900 steel and 400 aluminum. And then repeat, going back to A to buy again.  This way, a single ship can service both steel and aluminum supply line, without getting stuck on a single order and starving the other line.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet