Another wall o' questions

hippieshopper

All in all it's just another brick in the wall of questions...

So I see these a lot and I don't know how popular they are to answer but I don't want to go bothering someone who knows. I figure I would just ask them and hope someone's gnarly enough to answer. Some of these are pretty silly I suppose.

1. Does cargo in a cargohold have weight?  Or rather, does it affect the handling of your ship if you have more stuff?

2. Is there any way to have your turrets automatically fire at a target? I would like to set up my ship so that I can mine in peace and have my armed turrets automatically fire at targets harassing me.

3. I guess this is an off-shoot of #2 but what is independent targeting? I see this attribute on a few turrets and I wondered what it meant.

4. When building my ship, near where it lists the amount of turrets I can have it lists "Arbitrary turrets". What are those thingies?

Thank you guys for whatever help you can provide. I am really liking this game and I am trying to improve my ships efficiency.

1. I think so yea, not sure.

2. See your #3. Those turrets are the auto-target and fire turrets. Assign them to a group. Down on the bottom of your screen you'll see the weapon group and a symbol of a mouse, right click that and change it to the target. They'll auto-fire at things in range then.

4. Arbitrary turrets can be either type of turret. They'll show up as an armed AND unarmed slot in your loadout. When you put a turret in one of those slots, the other will vanish.

Down on the bottom of your screen you'll see the weapon group and a symbol of a mouse, right click that and change it to the target. They'll auto-fire at things in range then.

OMG! Thank you so much! I had read about the different type of turret targeting on the wiki, and I had seen that mouse icon, but I never realized they were related, or how to use them. Off to (try to) update the wiki!